Crypto Coins News - Ratings - Reviews
From this discussion:
How is [Bitcoin Unlimited] hostile?
I would say it is hostile due to the lack of basic safety mechanisms, despite some safety mechanisms being well known. For example:
- BU has no miner threshold for activation
- BU has no grace period to allow nodes to upgrade
- BU has no checkpoint (AKA wipe-out protection), therefore users could lose funds
- BU has no replay attack prevention
Other indications BU is hostile include:
- The push for BU has continued, despite not before fixing critical fundamental bugs (for example the median EB attack)
- BU makes multi conf double spend attacks much easier, yet despite this people still push for BU
- BU developers/supporters have acted in a non transparent manner, when one of the mining nodes – produced an invalid block, they tried to cover it up or even compare it to normal orphaning. When the bug that caused the invalid block was discovered, there was no emergency order issued recommending people to stop running BU
- Submission of improvement proposals to BU is banned by people who are not members of a private organisation
Combined, I would say this indicates BU is very hostile to Bitcoin.