Crypto Coins News - Ratings - Reviews
I need some insight from the community regarding the inclusion of Bitfinex within my list of places to buy bitcoin https://www.bestbitcoinexchange.io/ to invest for beginners & trade for professionals.
I ask this in relation to the theft of $60m from Bitfinex which happened on the 2nd of August 2016. Following the announcement I decided to take the site off my list.
Now, with hindsight I think it deserves a recommendation for:
- the perseverance & professional management of quite a serious incident
- successful & innovative commitment to repaying lost customer funds through a system of tokens
- superior customer support with good feedback from most reviews that I've read
- an active presence within the community (including this subreddit) – notably so relative to the absence of community reps from certain other leading exchanges
- a bitcoin trading interface enjoyed and preferred by many professional traders
- regularly being the largest bitcoin exchange by daily volume, despite the previous year's event
This my personal overview and opinion on the matter, though I would like to hear your thoughts before taking any action.
I've also created a twitter poll if you would like to further support your reply here.